Whether you aspire to be a manager, leader executive, or supervisor, an entrepreneurship MBA or small business degree prepares you for a high degree of responsibility. Entrepreneurs are expected to manage a business, undertake innovations, and develop successful business strategies. Additionally, entrepreneurs must function as leaders, and be highly skilled in finance and business relations so that their innovations can be transformed for the purpose of economic growth.
Small Business Management MBA Education and Training
Their work and dedication may result in the creation and development of new organizations. It may also assist in restructuring or revitalizing existing organizations to generate new opportunities. Business environments thrive through quality leadership. Students can request information online by conducting research of various educational programs. The student can select from an array of seminars or coursework that will prepare them for competent leadership in the workplace.
Prospective students can take advantage of a multitude of online or classroom training programs. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: how to develop, create and write a business plan, how to file the necessary legal documents, finding a space for your business to occupy, how to recruit, train and retain employees, and how to perform accounting duties/ balance the company budget. This includes learning successful team building for a positive work environment. Students will also be trained on how to polish their leadership skills to insure optimum performance. Additional courses may include:
- Financial management
- Employee relations
- Managing Innovations
- Managerial accounting
- Strategic business operations
- Business law and ethics
- Social entrepreneurship
- Human resource development and management
- Global entrepreneurship
Students in the entrepreneurship MBA program will also be educated in creative advertising to solicit customers/ patrons and customer retention skills. It’s not an easy undertaking – but if you possess strong leadership or impressive team leader skills, particularly if you are already in a human resources capacity, it is a viable option to consider.
There are programs available today that train you for success in nearly any business environment. This includes businesses that you take the initiative to start. Thanks to technological advances, prospective students can receive specialized training online.
Successful completion of leadership courses can lead to a degree or certification in business leadership development. Although there are not specific certification requirements before embarking on the training programs, typically it is beneficial to have completed the appropriate college coursework and/ or obtain at least an associate’s degree (ex: a degree in business, communications, or related field.)
Careers with Small Business Training
An entrepreneur therefore is essential in initiating new business ventures-not only for him/ her, but for others as well. The goal is for the start-up activities to be highly successful and to eventually include social and perhaps political entrepreneurial activity. Larger organizations benefit greatly when the adept entrepreneur assists in the creation of spin-off organizations. Many of the large agencies today were actually once smaller, less reputable businesses in the past!
Although managerial duties vary, the goal is to oversee the business to insure workplace productivity and a smoothly flowing work environment. Managerial staff is responsible for many tasks, including, but not limited to: the organization, planning, directing, training, enforcing of the code of conduct and leads.
According to one published report, although the successful hiring of full-time M. B. A. Students appears to be down 10% from last year, the 2009 employment statistics were based on hiring decisions made in 2008, before the economy declined. Despite these results, 2010 and years subsequent are anticipated to be better than 2009.
Students can still consider career options such as Director or shift leader, a position that entails ensuring proper communication of policies and procedures to all staff, along with budget reviews and implementation of workplace safety tactics. Other career possibilities include Project and Executive management, CEO, Senior Manager, and Research and Development Manager. Common titles include:
- Business owner
- Small business consultant
- Venture capitalist
- Business advisor
In these times of economic strife, businesses rely on creative, innovative, motivated take-charge individuals. Upon successful completion of small business training, your actual income will be contingent upon your continued dedication to your work, the kind of business you started, and your businesses’ location-amongst other factors.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The other factors that will determine your income include the demand for your business’ products, costs/ investments, and if the business is seasonal or a more permanent, year-round venture. Many businesses earn little profit initially, or at least their first year. However, the average business that starts with approximately $30,000 initially can increase to $70,000. Some entrepreneurs are highly successful, earning over six-figures.
Currently the median annual salary of marketing manager: is $60,200. Other leadership jobs with high upward mobility potential: Project and Information Technology Managers with a current salary ranging between $53,672 – $91,164 can expect that salary to increase over the next few years due to rise in technological advances. For creative, assertive, innovative individuals motivated to succeed and explore limitless possibilities, entrepreneur MBA training is definitely worth considering.
Appropriate entrepreneurship MBA and leadership training, while obviously valuable to virtually all workplaces also has been predicted as seeing huge job growth in the future. For example, that job growth for marketing managers is predicted to steadily increase as high as 13% through 2018.
Programs in Small Business Management
- Full Sail's curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Students gain real-world experience by working with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- Enhance your knowledge and expand your influence with an MBA from Walden.
- Tempo Learning™ by Walden - Competency-Based Learning—the faster you go, the less you pay.
- Master skills that employers today are looking for.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- Walden University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Leadership
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Leadership and Managing Teams through Change
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Online MS in Supply Chain Management