Whether you aspire to be a manager, leader executive, or supervisor, an entrepreneurship MBA or small business degree prepares you for a high degree of responsibility. Entrepreneurs are expected to manage a business, undertake innovations, and develop successful business strategies. Additionally, entrepreneurs must function as leaders, and be highly skilled in finance and business relations so that their innovations can be transformed for the purpose of economic growth.
Small Business Management MBA Education and Training
Their work and dedication may result in the creation and development of new organizations. It may also assist in restructuring or revitalizing existing organizations to generate new opportunities. Business environments thrive through quality leadership. Students can request information online by conducting research of various educational programs. The student can select from an array of seminars or coursework that will prepare them for competent leadership in the workplace.
Prospective students can take advantage of a multitude of online or classroom training programs. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: how to develop, create and write a business plan, how to file the necessary legal documents, finding a space for your business to occupy, how to recruit, train and retain employees, and how to perform accounting duties/ balance the company budget. This includes learning successful team building for a positive work environment. Students will also be trained on how to polish their leadership skills to insure optimum performance. Additional courses may include:
- Financial management
- Employee relations
- Managing Innovations
- Managerial accounting
- Strategic business operations
- Business law and ethics
- Social entrepreneurship
- Human resource development and management
- Global entrepreneurship
Students in the entrepreneurship MBA program will also be educated in creative advertising to solicit customers/ patrons and customer retention skills. It’s not an easy undertaking – but if you possess strong leadership or impressive team leader skills, particularly if you are already in a human resources capacity, it is a viable option to consider.
There are programs available today that train you for success in nearly any business environment. This includes businesses that you take the initiative to start. Thanks to technological advances, prospective students can receive specialized training online.
Successful completion of leadership courses can lead to a degree or certification in business leadership development. Although there are not specific certification requirements before embarking on the training programs, typically it is beneficial to have completed the appropriate college coursework and/ or obtain at least an associate’s degree (ex: a degree in business, communications, or related field.)
Careers with Small Business Training
An entrepreneur therefore is essential in initiating new business ventures-not only for him/ her, but for others as well. The goal is for the start-up activities to be highly successful and to eventually include social and perhaps political entrepreneurial activity. Larger organizations benefit greatly when the adept entrepreneur assists in the creation of spin-off organizations. Many of the large agencies today were actually once smaller, less reputable businesses in the past!
Although managerial duties vary, the goal is to oversee the business to insure workplace productivity and a smoothly flowing work environment. Managerial staff is responsible for many tasks, including, but not limited to: the organization, planning, directing, training, enforcing of the code of conduct and leads.
According to one published report, although the successful hiring of full-time M. B. A. Students appears to be down 10% from last year, the 2009 employment statistics were based on hiring decisions made in 2008, before the economy declined. Despite these results, 2010 and years subsequent are anticipated to be better than 2009.
Students can still consider career options such as Director or shift leader, a position that entails ensuring proper communication of policies and procedures to all staff, along with budget reviews and implementation of workplace safety tactics. Other career possibilities include Project and Executive management, CEO, Senior Manager, and Research and Development Manager. Common titles include:
- Business owner
- Small business consultant
- Venture capitalist
- Business advisor
In these times of economic strife, businesses rely on creative, innovative, motivated take-charge individuals. Upon successful completion of small business training, your actual income will be contingent upon your continued dedication to your work, the kind of business you started, and your businesses’ location-amongst other factors.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The other factors that will determine your income include the demand for your business’ products, costs/ investments, and if the business is seasonal or a more permanent, year-round venture. Many businesses earn little profit initially, or at least their first year. However, the average business that starts with approximately $30,000 initially can increase to $70,000. Some entrepreneurs are highly successful, earning over six-figures.
Currently the median annual salary of marketing manager: is $60,200. Other leadership jobs with high upward mobility potential: Project and Information Technology Managers with a current salary ranging between $53,672 – $91,164 can expect that salary to increase over the next few years due to rise in technological advances. For creative, assertive, innovative individuals motivated to succeed and explore limitless possibilities, entrepreneur MBA training is definitely worth considering.
Appropriate entrepreneurship MBA and leadership training, while obviously valuable to virtually all workplaces also has been predicted as seeing huge job growth in the future. For example, that job growth for marketing managers is predicted to steadily increase as high as 13% through 2018.
Programs in Small Business Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Data Analytics
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MBA - Organizational Leadership
- MA/Organizational Management - Organizational Leadership
- MBA - No Specialization
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- MS in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- MS - Management
- Master's Degree in Psychology: Designed for the Working Adult
- Flexibility: We offer convenient online or evening programs to fit your schedule.
- Variety: Choose from General Psychology or an emphasis in Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Programs focus on the development of critical thinking and leadership qualities, as they apply to your profession.
- Degrees designed for individuals who desire promotion and/or continued academic exposure in the field of psychology.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today & decide which program interests you!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- MBA Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Mini MBA Certificate/Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice : Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Management : Leadership
- MS in Management
- And more...