A growing trend is working toward a Green MBA and sustainability business programs. Those seeking to earn a traditional MBA, or Master in Business Administration, will currently already hold a four-year college degree and be adding the MBA to their credentials. The sustainability MBA is more or less a relatively new area of study, that merges the principles and concepts of sound environmental practices with sound business practices.
Green MBA Education and Training
The terms ‘sustainable’ or ‘sustainability’ in this case refer to three particular areas, including: social, environmental and economic. Together, these three are known as the ‘Triple Bottom Line’. For them to remain sustainable means the world will be able to continue on into the future without suffering any majors breakdowns in any of these three. Ensuring this reality becomes the work of someone choosing a career path in this field. These are people who want to make a positive difference in the world rather than just trying to profit from it.
Typical degrees in this area include MBA-Sustainable Futures, MBA-Sustainability and MBA-Environmental and Social Sustainability. The many different colleges now offering green programs have a wide variety of specializations to consider. Some common areas of concentration include: renewable energy development, energy efficiency, environmental management, waste management, green building, green packaging and green supply chain management. Some courses may include:
- Critical Thinking for Business Redesign
- Eco-Commerce Models
- Ecological Economics
- Organizational Management for Business Transformation
MBA course study typically includes subjects focused in financial areas (including economic theory) and also course work in business management as well as business ethics. Those interested in getting a Green MBA, otherwise known as a sustainable MBA, will have additional studies in the areas of social sustainability and environmental management.
Green programs are becoming popular and many schools are now offering degrees in this and related areas. The field is becoming ever more competitive as it’s not only well-paying but also important work to pursue in light of what’s currently happening in the world today. Global warming, scarcity of natural resources and over-population are all areas of concern where someone with a green degree can employ his or her training.
While still a fledgling area of course study, Green MBA programs are becoming more available and popular. Environmental law is also becoming a specialization many lawyers are finding a fulfilling area in which to dedicate their time and energy. We only have one world and these programs are helping people to understand the critical nature of sustaining out planet.
Careers with a Green MBA or Sustainable MBA Degree
Green industries such as renewable energy or even companies just looking for long-term sustainability will typically hire those who have graduated with a green degree. Those seeking a Green MBA should have a background in other coursework including chemistry, philosophy, economics, politics, environmental science and biology.
Graduates from green programs, whether earning an advanced degree or a certificate, will have developed skills to help manage ongoing large-scale changes occurring in the world today. They will have studied how to incorporate environmental awareness into planning and operations and to influence decision making in a socially conscious way. Sustainable business practices can no longer concentrate on only the bottom line and stockholder profits. Global awareness and social responsibility have become critical factors.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Someone working in this field can expect to earn an income in the high 5-figures and sometimes even more than $100,000 per year. The average salary for green mba consultant jobs is $80,000 as of 2012. It’s forecast that jobs in the field will increase by at least 10% in the next ten years, making the role of the online green MBA degree all the more important.
Programs in Environmental Management
- Our online DBA program allows you to develop solutions to complex, real-world business problems using advanced decision-making and leadership skills.
- Gain deeper business knowledge and serve as a global change agent—whether in corporate, public sector, or academic environments.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- Walden University’s Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Sustainable Futures
- M.B.A. in Strategies for Sustainability
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Strategic Management
- Management - MBA
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration