This article provides information for students wishing to study international business MBA or earn an international business certificate. An international business master’s degree is an important tool for creating and maintaining business relationships around the world. Most international business programs at the master’s degree level are offered as a double major beginning with business fundamentals like economics, finance and accounting and advancing to topics in international finance, global economics and monetary policy.
International Business MBA Education and Training
The master of business administration degree with a focus on international and global trade offers the students the opportunity to take up International business MBA program and learn about marketing, business and management.
On completion, the graduate is qualified in order to operate as a trader or to set up his own company. Such training program equips graduates to develop advanced skills in marketing and management in a globally run corporate arena. The study produces internationally aware students with the edge in management skills in a highly competitive and ever changing world wide economic environment.
Students wishing to extend their knowledge into multinational marketing strategies may choose to study such a program so that they have a higher chance of finding gainful employment after graduation. Graduates of business program are equipped to not only manage global marketing programs, but more importantly, to assess and contribute to global forces and strategies. The graduate is culturally aware and focused. They develop competencies that enable them be on the cutting edge of international business.
The entry requirements of this program are: Students wishing to study an International MBA in this field must have gained a Bachelor of Administration or an Undergraduate Degree course in a related field of study. Extensive work experience of up to three years may be deemed sufficient, where the original degree was in an unrelated course of study.
The international business MBA degree course aims to focus studies on developing high potential and competent individuals who are capable of operating as managers with advanced management skills in local, national and global enterprises. Courses may include:
- Intercultural communications
- Leadership strategies
- International marketing
- International trade
- International monetary systems
- Negotiations training
- International law
- Logistics and supply chain management
Candidates are required to complete a number of core and specialized subjects as well as elective subjects. Successful completion of these subjects may rely on academic and fieldwork. International students may also be required to select electives that will upgrade some of their existing qualifications to the host countries requirements to enable the degree to be awarded.
Careers with an International Management MBA Degree
Career progression and outlook for holders of this type of MBA: Students who successfully graduate with a Masters of Business Administration program are exposed to world wide contacts and provided with an education that will enable them take corporate, government and not for profit organization, high level management positions anywhere in the world. Some positions include:
- Human resource manager
- International banking specialist
- International trade specialist
- Import/export specialist
An MBA will greatly benefit your business, guaranteeing its success. Business ventures depend on risk-taking for profit and economic growth. Individuals considering the degree must be independent, have superior management skills, visionaries, creative, risk takers, and willing to go the extra mile. They must be open to researching and considering new ideas, even where there are areas of uncertainty.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The salaries earned by today’s top management staff can vary from $52,000 (for a general manager) to $68,000 (for an Accounting Manager). Higher average salaries are applicable to positions such as managers in Sales Hiring and Media Supervisor ($74,250) and Chief Financial Officer ($86,000).
Starting salaries for graduates with an international business MBA average at around $110,000 a year. Individual circumstances dictate the actual income, but all graduates will be competent in starting their own business or entering into partnership with large firms.
Programs in International Business
- Prepare to meet business challenges, achieve your career goals, and move ahead in today’s workforce as you explore vital business and leadership fundamentals.
- After successfully completing the first four courses in our MBA program, you will receive a graduate-level certificate, giving you a valuable credential while you work toward completing your degree.
- Students in the MBA program may choose from 11 specializations, including Accounting, Leadership and Project Management, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- The MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in International Business
- M.B.A. in Leadership
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - International Business
- MBA - Management
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Leadership and Managing Teams through Change
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Masters: Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
Villanova University, a co-educational Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Order of Saint Augustine in 1842 in Villanova, Pennsylvania. A premier institution of higher education, Villanova provides a comprehensive education rooted in the liberal arts; a shared commitment to the Augustinian ideals of truth, unity and love; and a community dedicated to service to others.
- Online Master of Business Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).