A Music Business MBA merges business sense and artistic interests in a beneficial manner. While a degree is certainly not necessary to get into this type of entertainment field, having a solid educational background will definitely enhance one’s career. Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four-year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
Music Business Training and Education
Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
This degree also provides a good understanding of things such as business plans, accounting, budgeting, and investing, important for the small business owner. This degree program is designed to prepare musicians with leadership and skills to take on the industry with confidence and success.
Music Business Careers
A good majority of those who pursue the graduate level degree are very serious about starting a career of their own or becoming a part of an existing one. Common career pursuits include: record label owner, tour manager, recording studio owner, concert promoter or management company owner.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Musicians with a graduate level degree can expect to earn more than those with only an associate or bachelor’s degree. However, the income range varies greatly depending upon the specific type of career that one might be involved in. For example, a producer has an average median salary of $40,000 to $60,000.
Marketing managers can expect to earn as much as $120,000. Experience will also play into one’s pay scale in this industry. And those who are fortunate enough to land a job with a musician with “celebrity status” will definitely land on the higher end of the pay scale.
According to some statistics, media production managers earn approximately $68,283 annually. On the other hand, many musicians are paid by the gig, and these individuals may face periods with little work, as well as more plentiful times. Having a high degree will ensure that potential employers take a second look at that portfolio or resume.
Despite a lagging economy, many people aspire to be musicians, and avid fans will always pay to hear their favorite singers. Because of this, much of the music industry continues to be lucrative. While there is musical talent, there is a need for those who are capable and educated to manage the business side including those with a music business MBA degree.
Programs in Entertainment and Music Business Management
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Delivered through Tempo Learning® by Walden, our custom-paced program for working professionals allows you to move through your studies by completing a series of competencies on your own schedule.
- Our fully online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program can put you at the forefront of the field and help you improve the experiences of healthcare providers as well as patients.
- You can accomplish your academic goals at your pace, with individualized help from faculty and academic coaches when you need it.
- Your prior experience may help you earn your degree more quickly as you demonstrate what you already know through competency assessments—which can save you time and money.
- Walden’s online MHA program is designed to create visionary leaders who can respond to the needs of their communities while optimizing organizational performance and outcomes.
- 100% online M.B.A. programs offered, with specializations in Business Analytics, Healthcare Administration, & Nonprofit Leadership
- Program focuses on core competencies of Leadership, Organizational Innovation, Faith & Ethics, & Data-Informed Decision-Making
- Courses cover topics such as Innovation, Managerial Decision-Making, Strategic Marketing, & more
- Degree program is designed to be completed in as little as 24 months
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Healthcare Management and Leadership is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of managed care supervision
- , patient care management, healthcare services manager, regulatory analysis, and resource specialists.
- An MBA from California Intercontinental University is designed to prepare students for today's most in demand industries.
- Tailor your graduate studies around one of our several MBA programs, including Banking & Finance, International Management & Marketing, Project Management and more!
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Information Systems and Knowledge Management is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields
- of configuration management, server administration, knowledge management specialist, business systems analysis, and control systems management.
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.