A Music Business MBA merges business sense and artistic interests in a beneficial manner. While a degree is certainly not necessary to get into this type of entertainment field, having a solid educational background will definitely enhance one’s career. Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four-year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
Music Business Training and Education
Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
This degree also provides a good understanding of things such as business plans, accounting, budgeting, and investing, important for the small business owner. This degree program is designed to prepare musicians with leadership and skills to take on the industry with confidence and success.
Music Business Careers
A good majority of those who pursue the graduate level degree are very serious about starting a career of their own or becoming a part of an existing one. Common career pursuits include: record label owner, tour manager, recording studio owner, concert promoter or management company owner.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Musicians with a graduate level degree can expect to earn more than those with only an associate or bachelor’s degree. However, the income range varies greatly depending upon the specific type of career that one might be involved in. For example, a producer has an average median salary of $40,000 to $60,000.
Marketing managers can expect to earn as much as $120,000. Experience will also play into one’s pay scale in this industry. And those who are fortunate enough to land a job with a musician with “celebrity status” will definitely land on the higher end of the pay scale.
According to some statistics, media production managers earn approximately $68,283 annually. On the other hand, many musicians are paid by the gig, and these individuals may face periods with little work, as well as more plentiful times. Having a high degree will ensure that potential employers take a second look at that portfolio or resume.
Despite a lagging economy, many people aspire to be musicians, and avid fans will always pay to hear their favorite singers. Because of this, much of the music industry continues to be lucrative. While there is musical talent, there is a need for those who are capable and educated to manage the business side including those with a music business MBA degree.
Programs in Entertainment and Music Business Management
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Prepare to meet business challenges, achieve your career goals, and move ahead in today’s workforce as you explore vital business and leadership fundamentals.
- After successfully completing the first four courses in our MBA program, you will receive a graduate-level certificate, giving you a valuable credential while you work toward completing your degree.
- Students in the MBA program may choose from 11 specializations, including Accounting, Leadership and Project Management, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- The MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Risk Management
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Management - Organizational Design and Development
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Management - Project Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - HR Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Development Consulting
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics
- UMass Online MBA Programs
- Earn a top ranked and highly-respected 100% online business education that works for you.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Isenberg Online MBA at UMass Amherst - Marketing
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management