A Music Business MBA merges business sense and artistic interests in a beneficial manner. While a degree is certainly not necessary to get into this type of entertainment field, having a solid educational background will definitely enhance one’s career. Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
Music Business Training and Education
Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
This degree also provides a good understanding of things such as business plans, accounting, budgeting, and investing, important for the small business owner. This degree program is designed to prepare musicians with leadership and skills to take on the industry with confidence and success.
Music Business Careers
A good majority of those who pursue the graduate level degree are very serious about starting a career of their own or becoming a part of an existing one. Common career pursuits include: record label owner, tour manager, recording studio owner, concert promoter or management company owner.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Musicians with a graduate level degree can expect to earn more than those with only an associate or bachelor’s degree. However, the income range varies greatly depending upon the specific type of career that one might be involved in. For example, a producer has an average median salary of $40,000 to $60,000.
Marketing managers can expect to earn as much as $120,000. Experience will also play into one’s pay scale in this industry. And those who are fortunate enough to land a job with a musician with “celebrity status” will definitely land on the higher end of the pay scale.
According to some statistics, media production managers earn approximately $68,283 annually. On the other hand, many musicians are paid by the gig, and these individuals may face periods with little work, as well as more plentiful times. Having a high degree will ensure that potential employers take a second look at that portfolio or resume.
Despite a lagging economy, many people aspire to be musicians, and avid fans will always pay to hear their favorite singers. Because of this, much of the music industry continues to be lucrative. While there is musical talent, there is a need for those who are capable and educated to manage the business side including those with a music business MBA degree.
Programs in Entertainment and Music Business Management
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Organizational Design and Development
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Non-profit & Faith Based Organizations
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Project Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- MA in Organizational Leadership
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Management : Organizational Design and Development