A Music Business MBA merges business sense and artistic interests in a beneficial manner. While a degree is certainly not necessary to get into this type of entertainment field, having a solid educational background will definitely enhance one’s career. Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
Music Business Training and Education
Entry requirements and prerequisites required to join the music business MBA degree – Students must have at least a four year degree, preferably in a music theory program, and some schools will be more stringent in their requirements. A placement exam or personal interview may be part of the application process, especially in the more exclusive educational institutions, and some may look at the GPA during previous college education or require a written essay as to why they believe they should be accepted as a student.
This degree also provides a good understanding of things such as business plans, accounting, budgeting, and investing, important for the small business owner. This degree program is designed to prepare musicians with leadership and skills to take on the industry with confidence and success.
Music Business Careers
A good majority of those who pursue the graduate level degree are very serious about starting a career of their own or becoming a part of an existing one. Common career pursuits include: record label owner, tour manager, recording studio owner, concert promoter or management company owner.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Musicians with a graduate level degree can expect to earn more than those with only an associate or bachelor’s degree. However, the income range varies greatly depending upon the specific type of career that one might be involved in. For example, a producer has an average median salary of $40,000 to $60,000.
Marketing managers can expect to earn as much as $120,000. Experience will also play into one’s pay scale in this industry. And those who are fortunate enough to land a job with a musician with “celebrity status” will definitely land on the higher end of the pay scale.
According to some statistics, media production managers earn approximately $68,283 annually. On the other hand, many musicians are paid by the gig, and these individuals may face periods with little work, as well as more plentiful times. Having a high degree will ensure that potential employers take a second look at that portfolio or resume.
Despite a lagging economy, many people aspire to be musicians, and avid fans will always pay to hear their favorite singers. Because of this, much of the music industry continues to be lucrative. While there is musical talent, there is a need for those who are capable and educated to manage the business side including those with a music business MBA degree.
Programs in Entertainment and Music Business Management
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Get your master's degree fully online: Advance your career through leading-edge skills and knowledge
- Bring real-world solutions from the classroom into your current job
- Complete coursework around your schedule – when and where it is most convenient for you
- Scholarships and other funding options may be available.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Management : Organizational Design and Development
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Project Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Management - Project Management
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA/Organizational Management - Organizational Leadership
- MA/Organizational Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Project Management
- Demonstrate solid analytical and financial decision-making skills.
- Apply the theory and practice of finance from a managerial perspective.
- Perform financial statement analysis and valuation of an organization to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing global business environments including formulating financial strategies in the global marketplace.
- Analyze the roles and impacts of risk and uncertainty in decision making.
- Apply pricing and uses of standard derivative instruments.
- MS - Organizational Leadership