An organizational behavior masters degree is one that furthers the study of employee motivation, teamwork, and leadership. As a graduate student, you will need similar things for admissions that you needed when you applied as a student for you bachelor degree. This includes official transcripts from your previous schools. Many educational facilities require that your transcripts be sent directly from the registrar’s office, sealed and certified. Check with the admissions office before applying to find out what the exact requirements are. Students will also need to provide GMAT or GRE scores. There may also be an application fee, along with required letters of recommendation, resumes, financial assessment forms, and for international students, scores for the TOEFL exam.
Organizational Behavior Education and Training
This course offers those undergraduate students the opportunity to fill in the blanks that they may have received during their time as a bachelor student. In other words, more developed understanding in the subject area will be discussed along with training and possible internships.
As a organizational behavior masters program graduate student, you will need to choose an area of study. This is typically seen to be in human resources for this degree program. As you progress through the program, you will be taking courses in human resource management, psychological theories, employment law, and more, including an advanced organizational behavior course. Students who did not complete a statistics class or classes may be required to take a prerequisite course before they can continue on.
Organizational Behavior Careers
Career opportunities are available for those who finishing the requirements of the organizational behavior masters degree program. Specifically students who graduate with this program become teachers, writers, office managers, and management consultants.
Students who become management analysts can expect a career that is primarily self-employment. These work-oriented individuals hold private offices and are called on by organizations and businesses for project management, human resourcing, staffing and many other reasons. They are divided between where their clients are located and their own offices as well.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Management consultants are one of the highest growing fields for this program, expected to keep up with competition in the workplace through 2014. Projected economic growth from 2008-2018 is high. The Board of Labor states that an estimated increase of 24% will occur over this ten year span, with 26% of that being people who are self employed. This rate is three times higher than that of any other industry.
Consultants can expect to earn an average $81,000 a year. The Board of Labor Statistics has noted that those who work for the government are paid significantly less than those who work in their own offices and are self-employed. For managers, graduate students can expect an average salary of right around $74,000 per year. Students of an organizational behavior masters program should remember to take their time, and that though it may be a tougher industry, self-employment may be the way to go and fulfill the dreams that they have.
Programs in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Industrial/Organizational Psychology Specialization
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Degrees include BA in Psychology, BA in Applied Behavioral Science, MA in Psychology, and more.
- Courses focus on developing students’ understanding of the psychological factors involved in human behavior.
- Instruction designed to prepare students for various career paths, including careers in the mental health field, business, and law.
- Flexible online courses help students pursue their degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Organizational Management - Human Resources Management
- MA Psychology
- MA/Organizational Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management Organizational Leadership and Change
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - MA in Psychology
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Accelerated Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- MS Human Resource Management
- MS Psychology
- MS Psychology - Child & Developmental Psych
- And more...
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Master of Science in Performance Improvement