The technology management MBA is a program that addresses graduate courses in business administration and management, information technology, and information security. Information technology has created one of the fastest growing careers. An MBA in information technology focuses on the basics of emerging IT trends The career that has to do with information and the technological exchange of it is a great choice for those with interest in the area.
Technology Management Education and Training
The Internet and computers have brought to the world many opportunities for making a great living and an enjoyable one as well. The student that graduates with an MBA in technology management is in for a grand adventure provided by the modern world. You may have seen many online educational opportunities for those interested in IT courses. In fact, many great online universities offer the technology management degree and getting it is as simple as applying yourself and sticking to the curriculum designated.
Technology management courses include business analysis, advanced professional development and research, competition and business risk, courses surrounding international business, and computer security and risks.
Outsourcing information technology management is another class you can expect to take as well. Other possible technology management courses are economics, financial analysis, management analysis, marketing, and systems analysis.
Basic courses in the technology management MBA degree program about computers and the technology used to run and to enhance them are also a huge part of this career. You might compare this knowledge to climbing a ladder because the basic technological information you learn will be the foundation for managing it later with a large group of people. Courses like computer programming and data structures will be useful to you in many ways. Other courses may include:
- Enterprise Modernization and Technology
- Software Lifecycle Management
- Project Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Financial Analysis in Technology Projects
- Technology Risk Management
- Strategic Quality Management
The information highway will lead you to every part of the globe and learning the ways to manage it for a specific company or other reason is vital for some Internet capabilities to proceed successfully. Those students with leadership skills and deep interest in what makes the internet work like it does will fare well with this degree surrounding the technology of modern society.
Technology Management Careers
Many large companies of today have information technology departments for specific processing and handling of international up dates. This is only a small part of what this type of department does. You might be in charge of all the upgrades to a companies computers system and the daily maintenance of it. There are duties that include managing other people as well.
Considering the whole world operates on the use of computers and the Internet, expected employment opportunities for this career are enormous to say the least. Hundreds of companies worldwide hire those with the technological managing experience needed to help them run a business in the most efficient ways. Check online for those opportunities you would be most interested in. Technology management positions include: Software Manager, Information Technology Supervisor, Technical Executive, and Representative of technology related firms.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Considering the great need for this position in many companies today, you can expect a salary averaging around $100,000 a year. This is good money and it is possible to earn this much within a couple of years of employment in this field. So much depends on the minds of those with knowledge surrounding technological advances and inner workings of computers and the Internet. Indeed, the entire business world depends on this position in many cases.
The median annual wage of computer and information systems managers was $115,780 in 2010 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS). The lowest 10% earned less than $71,420, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of computer and information systems managers is projected grow 18% between 2010 and 2020.
Great things await the student that graduates with a technology management MBA. Not only are there many available career advancements for you, there is also a higher salary to look forward to also. Start your career today and get headed in the direction you need for being a part of the modern world in a big way.
Technology Management Programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MBA - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MBA - Information Systems
- MBA - No Specialization
- MBA - Project Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- Master - Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Information Technology Management
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Business Administration - Information Technology Leadership
- Master of Business Aministration