The technology management MBA is a program that addresses graduate courses in business administration and management, information technology, and information security. Information technology has created one of the fastest growing careers. An MBA in information technology focuses on the basics of emerging IT trends The career that has to do with information and the technological exchange of it is a great choice for those with interest in the area.
Technology Management Education and Training
The Internet and computers have brought to the world many opportunities for making a great living and an enjoyable one as well. The student that graduates with an MBA in technology management is in for a grand adventure provided by the modern world. You may have seen many online educational opportunities for those interested in IT courses. In fact, many great online universities offer the technology management degree and getting it is as simple as applying yourself and sticking to the curriculum designated.
Technology management courses include business analysis, advanced professional development and research, competition and business risk, courses surrounding international business, and computer security and risks.
Outsourcing information technology management is another class you can expect to take as well. Other possible technology management courses are economics, financial analysis, management analysis, marketing, and systems analysis.
Basic courses in the technology management MBA degree program about computers and the technology used to run and to enhance them are also a huge part of this career. You might compare this knowledge to climbing a ladder because the basic technological information you learn will be the foundation for managing it later with a large group of people. Courses like computer programming and data structures will be useful to you in many ways. Other courses may include:
- Enterprise Modernization and Technology
- Software Lifecycle Management
- Project Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Financial Analysis in Technology Projects
- Technology Risk Management
- Strategic Quality Management
The information highway will lead you to every part of the globe and learning the ways to manage it for a specific company or other reason is vital for some Internet capabilities to proceed successfully. Those students with leadership skills and deep interest in what makes the internet work like it does will fare well with this degree surrounding the technology of modern society.
Technology Management Careers
Many large companies of today have information technology departments for specific processing and handling of international up dates. This is only a small part of what this type of department does. You might be in charge of all the upgrades to a companies computers system and the daily maintenance of it. There are duties that include managing other people as well.
Considering the whole world operates on the use of computers and the Internet, expected employment opportunities for this career are enormous to say the least. Hundreds of companies worldwide hire those with the technological managing experience needed to help them run a business in the most efficient ways. Check online for those opportunities you would be most interested in. Technology management positions include: Software Manager, Information Technology Supervisor, Technical Executive, and Representative of technology related firms.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Considering the great need for this position in many companies today, you can expect a salary averaging around $100,000 a year. This is good money and it is possible to earn this much within a couple of years of employment in this field. So much depends on the minds of those with knowledge surrounding technological advances and inner workings of computers and the Internet. Indeed, the entire business world depends on this position in many cases.
The median annual wage of computer and information systems managers was $115,780 in 2010 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS). The lowest 10% earned less than $71,420, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of computer and information systems managers is projected grow 18% between 2010 and 2020.
Great things await the student that graduates with a technology management MBA. Not only are there many available career advancements for you, there is also a higher salary to look forward to also. Start your career today and get headed in the direction you need for being a part of the modern world in a big way.
Technology Management Programs
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is specially designed with insight from experienced faculty members and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Technology Management
- M.B.A. in Technology
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies offers an online MS in Information Management preparing students to design mission-critical information technologies within organizations.
- Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies is the first information school in the nation, known as “The Original Information School”, and is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- The online format of the program combines live weekly classes, multimedia coursework, and collaborative group learning exercises.
- MS in Information Management
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration